View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 08:26 PM   #1
The_Phantom666

Default Car Wars Beginner Here! (Classic Edition)

So a few nights ago a few friends and I decided to play Car Wars CE after I studied the rules and it went okayish?
We all did "Amateur Night" and the cars that did battle were:
HotShot
Joseph Special
Yellow Jacket (me)
And I had a few issues with the rules that maybe I can still work with to have fun.
MY issues are
  1. Acceleration Limit
  2. Targeting Modifiers
Acceleration Limit: It might have been because we could only accelerate up to 5 MPH per turn, because it felt like the game was going pretty slow because our cars were hardly in combat for half of the game.
Targeting Modifiers: Even with a To-Hit of 6 it still seems really difficult to hit anyone with weapons because of distance, speed, and side of vehicle, unless you are right up in their face.
Those are my major two issues. The game just felt.....Restrictive? And felt like it could go on forever considering the speed, targeting, and Armor of the vehicles (Except mine, one shot with an ATG in the back was enough to eat the armor AND my driver). The game ended in a draw because Both my friends drivers were Unconscious from battle and I didn't read anything about how long it takes till they wake up, haha!
So I guess I should ask: Is there any GOOD setups or tips to help flow of the game for beginners? I wanted to play this game for about 12 years so I want to do it right and have even more fun! (Which I feel half of it is in vehicle desgin)
The_Phantom666 is offline   Reply With Quote