View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 07:20 PM   #4
Refplace

Default Re: Bestiary comment thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
Given the variety involved, this would likely be a continuing series... if enough writers actually take that much of an interest in it.

On a related note, the main GURPS Books site has a list of published books about Beasts, though it doesn't seem to include Pyramid issues (apart from one collection book, some of which have articles that would be useful, here.
That interest is I think the problem. Its been on the wishlist for a long time but few takers so far. PK did the Creatures of the Night series which was a horror based theme, not sure if that was as a freelancer or asst line editor.
Except for articles or adventures the rest seems to be from Kromm.
As for articles I would like to expand on my Animal Combat article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
My preference would be the former, but I recognize that that's a lot of work; the smaller line would also help people grab just the ones that would fit their games - not every game needs have gryphons, brontosaurs, or yeti, after all.
Yeah, lot of work and a gamble on poor sales for both the writer and SJG which I think is why we have mostly seen staff writers tackle it.
I'd be willing to pitch a smaller project but I'm not well established and if sales were poor it might kill my chance to write the books I am keenly interested in writing (3 different magic systems and at least 2 more spirit related books). But I would so love to have someone, anyone finally stamp out the meme that GURPS needs a Bestiary. I'd much prefer to hear it needs more instead.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is online now   Reply With Quote