View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 01:31 PM   #419
ak_aramis

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by platimus View Post
I'm so depressed that I missed the kickstarter. I've been clicking around for about 30 minutes now trying to understand what this 'backerkit survey' is all about. I've only done one kickstarter before and I'm not that familiar with SJG, the website, or this forum.

Can someone help this clueless adventurer out? Is there a link I can go to figure out how I can "preorder [because I] missed the project"? Maybe an email list I can get on for notification?

I really appreciate it. Now if you excuse me, I have to go blow my nose and wipe the tears from eyes.

UPDATE
After an hour+ of clicking around, I think I've figured this out. For the next few days, I need to keep checking the following page periodically:
https://www.backerkit.com/are_you_a_backer

Once the TFT Project shows up there, I need to click 'Goto Project'. The resulting page will have a "Missed the Campaign? Visit our pre-order store." link I can click on to order.

Is that right?
Backerkit is a company that helps other companies manage the fulfillment aspects of a kickstarter.

Mostly, tho', they function as a way for KS runners to get which add-ons a given customer opted for, and to allow further add-ons, and sometimes (already stated to be true for this one by SJG staffers) being able to get in on the KS after closure to some degree.

After the KS closes, when ready to either start fulfillment or when ready to order the print runs, the KS runner contacts backerkit, and through them builds a survey to get the needed information, charge for shipping, allow ordering more add-ons, and several other such things.

Don't worry - SJG is quite likely to make a big noise here about the Backerkit hitting. Even if SJG doesn't, fan discussion of it should.
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote