View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 06:25 AM   #6
Gold & Appel Inc

Default Re: Questions about Worm Parahumans' Powers in GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
That's a thing?
See the special Repulsion Limitation on 4e Powers p 83.

Quote:
That...doesn't sound quite right. It sounds like a single powerful enough shot would knock out the force field for maybe a second before it came back at full strength, and (I'm guessing, since I don't know what Bane does) makes Glory Girl weak/very harmed by attacks when her force field is down. That doesn't sound much like what happened in the story.
You could limit her DR to "only the first X amount of damage per round" and just say that she's vulnerable for the rest of the second after taking that much abuse, rather than do the big, expensive Ablative DR / Regenerate DR kludge.

Quote:
1. I'm trying to be a bit delicate when it comes to spoilers. Some folks here might want to read the story...
(Okay, I screwed up a spoiler. So sue me.)
If we're really going to discuss this, you should probably just put a note along the lines of MASSIVE SPOILERS AHOY! in the OP and consider the entire thread a massive spoiler. People who want to read the story without spoilers should know better than to read a discussion of how to build its superpowers first.

Regarding Coil: Coil is better than a World-Jumper. He doesn't visit an alternate timeline that is always there in parallel to his own, he creates alternate timelines at will (one at a time), and can choose which of the two to collapse and which to "keep." In terms of game effect, he's at the very least Unkillable x3 (with Achilles' Heel: Killed in both timelines simultaneously) and has a boatload of other "do-over" type advantages from being able to eg: torture someone for information and then make it so it never happened from their perspective while still possessing that information. Not sure how to best model that, but it's going to cost a lot.

Last edited by Gold & Appel Inc; 10-30-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote