View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 03:57 PM   #3
Miss_Musket

Default Re: Balancing out the fantasy base set with Pathfinder, Conan and Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I personally haven't noticed that adding expansions makes the players get overpowered compared to the Monsters. I have noticed that some SETS have that problem (if one does consider it a problem. I guess I do, because while the game is still "balanced" in the sense that the "problem" applies to all players the same way, the game ends up with less player interaction if nobody has much chance of actually stopping anybody else from winning a combat after a while). Super Munchkin, for example, tends to end up with nigh unbeatable Munchkins in short order, in my experience.

Adding ALL the expansions to the original Munchkin does tend to dilute some stuff, though, making matching Classes/Races with applicable Items less likely, stuff like that (though that would tend to favor the Monsters, I'd think).
Ahh! Makes sense! To be fair, I think maybe the people who were complaining about the monsters being too weak were playing Epic Munchkin - we just play to level 10. I would like to keep the expansions together as opposed to separating them into custom decks, but it would be an interesting experiment at some point.

My group (as we are all very new) still plays a very friendly game, and don't tend to backstab each other until level 8 and above! If we had more expansions, I could totally imagine us all accumulating way too much treasure before we start to turn on each other - I might have to stress now to the group that we can all be a little more munchkinly!

Lastly, I had heard recently that you can put items straight onto the table with the view of tapping them (AKA putting them into the backpack). We had no idea!! I've just been telling people you can only put us usable items down, and tap them if they become unusable later on! I can imagine this would make trading for race specific items way easier (we've really not be trading at all). On one hand, you wouldn't want to equip people with too much, but it would make it more interesting when lots of races and classes start getting involved.

I'm getting ahead of myself - I haven't even got any of the expansions yet!
Miss_Musket is offline   Reply With Quote