View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [IC] Assault on Bunker 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
A loud clicking sound emits from the machine, then it stutters the following words: "And. Good. Will. Toward. Men."
The response takes Naseem back for a bit, trying to figure out just what the machine meant. Perhaps .... there it was. From one of the Christian's books, he thought. An ironic quote to bring up at the moment, but the thing was made in america. He pauses to look at the large machine.

"So you have a sense of humor in your iron belly, Piece? Peace is rather elusive, but it is possible to kill with peace, and to destroy with it. Though I suspect this piece will kill faster than that peace."

One of Naseem's wizard eyes catches a familiar face, and he spins off an illusion to continue the conversation with the metal figure, and walks off shrouded by a different spell. Once out of sight of the ... no, it is not a golem... he reappears and approaches an old acquaintance:

"Xanthus! you would be the one who makes it this world of barbarians. They're almost as uncouth as the Greeks of Athens! What road leads your path to cross with mine yet again?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote