View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #232
Acolyte

Default Re: In Nomine Second Edition: What have we learned?

Because it was an aside above and because I ran out of characters in that post (if there is a Discord that makes you fail at concision, I have it):

Quote:
There is not a great deal of fluff reason why I can't spend all my points on Class 6 Level 1 Shedim servants for a demon or sorcerer.
...there's an excellent fluff reason for why that doesn't happen--no Demon Prince is going to let a pack of chaotic, destructive, unsubtle, reveal-us-to-humans-if-we're-not-careful Shedim up onto the Corporeal Plane under the supervision of a PC with only a tenuous (Level 1) control of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataweaver View Post
As I mentioned in the other topic, there are some nice ideas in there. In particular, I really like the notion of decoupling Resources from Forces.
That is an idea I could, provisionally, get behind (sorry for the double post, I didn't see this post while writing my monstrous one above). Equal CP wouldn't make humans power equivalent to celestials (lack of access to Ethereal and Celestial Songs, as well as most attunements, means that humans would be spending much more on average than a celestial on Skills, which would maintain the humans-understand-the-world, celestials-can-be-clueless-about-simple-machines schtick that is a mainstay of IN; also humans would have lower attributes with their still lower number of Forces, reducing the change boosting human CPs would have on fluff assumptions about the gameworld). Certainly something to think about!