View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 06:16 PM   #1
Icelander

Default [MA/HT] Innocuous Improvised Weapons

I'm looking for suggestions for what would be good weapons for someone to carry in a modern campaign that absolutely do not look like weapons and would not raise eyebrows with even the most severe law officer.

I'm thinking things like household tools or tools that could be carried in a toolkit in an automobile. Even something that you could carry in you pocket without it being regarded as a weapon, simply as a tool or other reasonable object for a person to carry.

Ideally, I'd like it if forumites could link to specific models of wrenches, flashlights, remotes, pipes, pens, rulers, rods or other measuring tools that would make good bludgeons, but still not look like a dedicated weapon.

Knife skill

1) What are some things that would be perfectly ordinary for someone to carry on themselves or next to them in a car that would have the stats of SHORT BATON?

That is, weigh around 0.5 lbs., be balanced, short enough to receive -1 Parry and be usable with Knife skill, do sw-1 cr and thr cr.

Shortsword skill

2) What is the least suspicious item you could use as a balanced BATON?

That would weigh around a pound, Parry at full skill and do sw cr and thr cr.

Axe/Mace skill

3) What would be a good KNOBBED CLUB that didn't look like it was made to be a weapon?

Should be around 2 lbs., well-balanced enough to Parry at full skill and do sw+1 cr.

---

4) Any other good weapons in a modern setting that don't look like weapons and someone who absolutely cannot carry weapons legally could have in his car for self-protection?