View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 12:12 PM   #42
juris

Default Re: The shurkin challenge.

Just gonna leave this here - yes it's a glass cannon. But a dedicated gunner with a SWC can hit with the RLs, and most vehicles won't survive two volleys to the same armor location. Regular RL rounds for metal armor.

Rocket Queen -- Van, Heavy chassis, Heavy suspension, Large power plant w/SC, Fire Extinguisher, 4 Puncture-Resistant tires, Driver w/BA and 10-pt CA, Gunner w/SWC and BA and 10-pt CA, 5 Linked Rocket Launchers Front, Flaming Oil Jet Back, Plastic Armor: F25, L20, R20, B20, T10, U10, 2 10-pt Wheelguards Back, 2 10-pt Wheelhubs Front, Gear Allocation: [10 lbs.], Acceleration 5, Top Speed 90, HC 2, 6590 lbs., $19825

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
I was thinking more "_Grand Slam_ vs. _VG3_" -- in _CS_, the _Grand Slam_ has 10x HR F; while the _VG3_ designs appear to top out at 2x BC.

The question wasn't a huge one until Gas Engines came along -- I have in my files the _MVR-2K_, which is a Pickup with a 150cid-plus-upgrades gasburner with 2x BC linked F, and an absolute *LOAD* of armor. It's the only design I've ever seen which caused NOVA members to have conniption fits.... :)
juris is offline   Reply With Quote