View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 06:33 PM   #17
Prince Charon

Default Re: [Path/Book Magic] 'Grimoire' worldlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Your Current Affairs appear to be totally mundane and generally full of nothing but the sort of things that makes some people find Medieval history tedious. The Path/Book flag would usually draw persons interested in magic rather than medieval politics.

Add magic.
After some consideration, I'm thinking about replacing the run-on sentence about England in Current Affairs with something like this: "A disturbingly well-organized Scandinavian werewolf cult expands east and south through the lands of the Rus', to the great concern of noble and clergyman alike."

Might move the link to a Notes section below Worldline Data, along with a summary of the concept behind the linked thread: Most 'monsters' and other magical creatures on these worldlines are Book magicians, or the products of their work, rather than being 'naturally magical' beasts. The werewolves above make use of the Book of the Wolf (a usually-oral Book from the start of that thread), or transform with the aid of a magician who knows it.

Does that work?

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote