View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 08:58 AM   #7
Stormcrow

Default Re: Should Waiting permanently change your place in the turn sequence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
The purpose behind having Wait change your location in the turn sequence - which I'll note is how it works in some other games - is so that you don't get to act more-or-less back-to-back. As it stands, using the A-B-C turn sequence, you could have A use a Wait, then if it gets triggered on C's turn the sequence essentially becomes - for that round and the next - B-A-C-A-B-C. The problem is more clear with more participants - if you have A-B-C-D-E-F, you could have a Wait cause this to become B-C-D-E-A-F-A-B-C-D-E-F.
Well, I mean... so what? You still get to act the same number of times as everyone else. What's the problem with it?

Quote:
As for All Out Attack, while the rule that you can't convert your Wait to such if you've attempted an Active Defense after declaring said Wait is helpful at avoiding exploitation, it still allows the character to avoid a large downside of All Out Attack - namely, it makes you a prime target
At the risk of not having your Wait triggered and losing your entire action anyway. And that's assuming that whoever it is you plan to All-Out Attack normally acts shortly before you do. And that's assuming you didn't need to use a defense while Waiting. Taking a Wait to interrupt whoever goes just before you go also means all the time you're Waiting is time that the enemy has to act without you interrupting them. B, C, D, and E all got to act before A, and if any of them do something A doesn't like, that's at least partly A's fault for being so focused on F.

Doesn't seem like such an abusive thing to do to me.
Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote