View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #232
Phoenix_Dragon

Default Re: Altering the Initiative Order

Personally, while I would allow a character to specify a lower BS when moving into combat time, therefor acting at a different point in the turn order, I wouldn't have them change their position during combat. I haven't tested it out, of course, but it seems wonky.

That said, I might allow movement combined with a Wait, as allowed by the maneuver selected (And opening up Move and Attack to Wait maneuvers), so long as any movement beyond a Step is done on that character's turn, not when the wait is triggered. It seems like that should be fair. Basically becomes a sort of Move-and-Wait maneuver.

Hmm. Also, I would probably allow some expanding on the concept in the Battle Drills perk that allows Waits to be converted to Move or Move and Attack maneuvers. Perhaps a "Coordinated Action" perk, specialized by team, which requires a ready action from each member to "activate" (Losing a turn while matching your timing up) just like Battle Drills, and allows such Waits? Seems fairly comparable to Teamwork and Battle Drills, so I doubt it would be over-powered. Might be under-powered, actually.
Phoenix_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote