View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 06:35 AM   #1
pfharlock

Default Blocking the way in tactical combat

Is there a way to effectively "Block the way" in tactical combat. It seems to me that there is not after having read the rules for "evading". It looks like as long as an enemy has enough movement to move through your hex, they may do so unmolested.

I read the tactic of using a wait maneuver to attack as soon as they enter either the hex you are in or an adjacent hex, but I'm pretty sure this only gives you one attack, (ie another enemy would be free to move through), or if you used an all out attack to attack twice then at most you could attack two targets that entered the hex. Also It's my impression that if you fail to kill the enemy in this way then they can continue to move through your hex anyway after your attack is over.

So the real question is, is there any way to truly guard ground in gurps, ie I shall let no man pass this hex unless my character is dead or incapacitated. This would alow for things like setting up lines of defense and being able to more effectively guard protected areas.

Thanks in advance for whoever answers this question.
pfharlock is offline   Reply With Quote