View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #39
Mailanka

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
These templates really make my 'DM who reviews player characters' mind hurt! Owww!
I didn't bring it up in the post (because talents are controversial and complicated), but she's a classic example of why I avoid 15-point talents unless I have a very compelling reason not to. Her 15 points in Smooth Operator bought her a total of 9 points worth of skills.

Quote:
This would have been a golden opportunity to use UT tailoring rules, they even gave an example of a fancy armored dress
I've been tempted to write up a biomimetic outfit that folds into a skin-tight combat suit the moment she gets into a fight, but that strikes me as "cool spy gadget" more than typical gear. At this point in the design, though, I was just grabbing what already existed in the book to keep it simple (though I agree with you that UT doesn't shine if you just grab "what's already there." There's many a story to be told, many a cool concept that can shine, if you take a moment to put a few touches on gear).