View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 12:01 AM   #36
Mailanka

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
now that I am not actually posting on a phone though - can you explain why you decided to include combat hardsuits and force swords but not force bucklers in the setting?
Because I'm iterating. What you're seeing is not a completed setting, but the beginning of one. For my first run, I wanted to make a basic GURPS Space Space Knight, and I don't think they had Shields as options and in any case, Jedi don't carry shields and this is based on Star Wars, isn't it?

Spoiler alert: By iteration 2 I have greater control of the templates and I temporarily discard the idea of Jedi in favor of Space Knights qua Space Knights, and I gave Dun a force buckler and it was sweet.

Quote:
Absolutely looking forward to seeing how you make his non ROF melee useful . . . . ranged rate of fire can be king (on said supers character I actually envisioned at first wielding a giant SM+2/3 or so Vibrowire katana, but well, guns just so much cooler more effective)
You'll see how he does Friday, but I mostly kept the enemy at pistol range, and force swords really surprised me (those things are nasty!).

I must say, though, I do appreciate your comments :)