View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 05:41 PM   #1
DarlingSpades

Default Question About Portals and the Enchiridion

So, firstly I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I'm brand new to this but I was looking for some help.

I was playing the Adventure Time Munchkin with the Dungeons expansion pack with me friends last night.

My friend kicked open the door and got a portal card. The card was Gems of Power and the description says:

"Discard the dungeon in play and draw a Dungeon card to replace it. If a player has the Enchiridion in play, he may immediately Go Up a Level! This can be the winning level."

I had the Enchiridion card in my hand, and I was level 9. It says in red text at the top "play during any combat". Its a One-Shot item.

Where we got confused, is that, to our knowledge, you cannot play portals during a combat. And One-shot items, and specifically the Enciridion which says "play during any combat" would have to be used in combat.

To my understanding if a card is "in-play" it means it's on the table. Meaning for the enciridion to be "in-play", it would have to be during a combat because that's the only way you get it on the table.

I want to know how the Gems of Power portal works then, because if the Enciridion card cant ever be "in-play", when the portal can be used, how does that even work in order to level up?
DarlingSpades is offline   Reply With Quote