Old 08-02-2019, 07:30 PM   #4264
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: New Reality Seeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromancer View Post
Try this one...

Magonia-1

This Q4 world is being closely watched by Homeline. In what they take to be around 780 BCE Aliens crash land on the Earth, near Rhodes in the Aegean. Homer's poems about the Aliens along with the Iliad and the Odyssey are centtral to Greek literature. The Aliens lost most of their equipment and technology in the Crash. But they had still transformed Greece.

The TL5 (think 1740's) Empire the Greeks and the aliens have built in the Mediterranean looks like it might conquer the world. However, other groups of the same species of Alien have landed in India, China, and Meso-america. It looks like a four way fight to rule the world is brewing. Greece, India, China, and the Toltecs, winner takes all. Meanwhile, are the aliens really rivals, or puppet masters?
(Catching up on the thread)

My first thought was that the aliens are bioroids sent by a much more alien species for "reasons".
Perhaps one faction wants to destroy humanity as too screwed up to be of use, while another suggests waiting. To speed the decisions along one group, possibly a third, sends these ships to see what humans do with power and knowledge.