View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 09:28 AM   #4
Yssa

Default Re: Bards: Song of Command

I mostly agree with Gnomasz.

In regards to the "If we free you. . ." question, there is a lot of room for tricky answering, if the NPC has an appropriately high IQ. "If you free me, I'll walk away." Might satisfy the interrogators, but says nothing about how far they'll walk before they start to loose arrows. There's also nothing to stop them from changing their mind between answering and being freed: At this moment in the interrogation they might plan to leave peaceably, but once they are compelled to reveal the combination to their safe, they might feel otherwise. . .

In terms of "principles," I think the first place to look is disadvantages (anything contrary to a disadvantage would trigger a QC), then perhaps quirks and advantages, if any are relevant. After that, I think it's a question of role-play/storytelling: If a temple is guarded by an acolyte and a mercenary, it will likely be against the acolyte's principles to reveal the secret entrance, but the mercenary would be happy to. Unless, of course, the acolyte is only there to escape his wicked uncle, while the mercenary has grown to be a True Believer over the course of her employment. . .
Yssa is offline   Reply With Quote