View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 08:42 PM   #24
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: [MH] Would like help with some characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman View Post
MH, RAW, is carefully balanced at TL 8 to establish a balance between the Commando and the Warrior in terms of combat effectiveness against foes with Injury Tolerance/
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
That's really more of a band-aid, though. Without a doubt, the better guns get, the weaker melee weapons are. That's why if I were to do an ultra-tech port of MH, I would also revamp the monsters to make them less vulnerable to guns. The simplest fix is to add Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction 3, Limited to Guns) to each monster at TL9 -- I'd probably go /4 or /5 at TL10. It's not even that strange a fix; a significant portion of myth is that these monsters are only vulnerable to certain thing. So it's reasonable to assume that the bullets which slaughter humans so well are strangely ineffective against angels, demons, vampires, etc.
Yeah, Monster Hunters at different TLs require a bit of rejiggering. I've got an article that's still in its early phases that will take care of this. It's kind of like my Pulp Hunters article, but dealing more on the impact of TL0 through TL12 tech on the Monster Hunters setting.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote