View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 09:56 PM   #34
offsides

Default Re: Ogre Computer Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochDigital View Post
Hello there! We're the developers. So the current agreed plan is to PC/Steam to start with. However we're using Unity 3D as the development environment so it can be ported to other platforms/operating systems (which we're done before for other titles!) Thanks.
I'm glad to hear that Linux is at least on the table for consideration. I totally understand the need to start with one platform, and that PC/Windows is the biggest one out there and thus the most important one to start with, I just hope that other platforms (or at least Linux :P) get put on the roadmap as a definite (albeit delayed) milestone rather than just being a maybe.

As to the pre-alpha footage, I would like to add my voice to those requesting that Ogres be 1-hex only if at all possible, just to make it clear to everyone that it's only in one hex. Other than that, I wasn't fond of the color-cycle stacking visual (or the multi-color units on the same side), but otherwise it looks pretty good. I look forward to seeing the next test footage whenever it appears.

And finally, I'd also like to make this as configurable/hackable as possible, since so many things in ODE (and Ogre in general) are tweakable in one way or another, it would be great to emulate that in the game. Plus, it would definitely make it easier to accommodate updates down the line as the rules expand.
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote