View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 09:10 AM   #63
WingedKagouti

Default Re: Robin D. Laws Player Types Quiz

Quote:
21. CG vs TT When my character is not needed, I play host, check on kids, read email, etc.
That's not a Casual/Social Gamer, that's a rude ******* or at the very least the antithesis of a social person. Unless it's something like "I need to check on the kids to see if they're causing trouble, be back in a few." And a Tactician is not the primary person to stay engaged in the proceedings while (s)he is not required, that's more the domain of the Storyteller (who is the most likely to be at the table for the entire story).
Quote:
23. TT vs CG The best games are when everybody works together towards a common purpose.
If anything, not requiring a common goal/being focused on personal gain seems more like Power Gamer thinking than it does Casual/Social Gamer. Storyteller and Method Actor are also two player types I'd expect to go for the "We don't have a common purpose" campaign before a Casual/Social Gamer would. I'd frankly expect a Casual/Social Gamer to be more interested in having a unified purpose for the group more than any other player type except the Tactician.
WingedKagouti is offline   Reply With Quote