View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #11
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Default Re: Digital Duplication problem: combining digital, construct, and no 'first dupe' .

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtmoore View Post
It's one of those basic GURPS problems, I guess. What you're asking is "can I have endless Extra Lives without having to spend points for each Extra Life?" and the answer's either "no" or Unkillable.

I guess this is the main reason for the social rules regarding xoxing in TS; it allows the system to conform to the GURPS assumption that you should pay points for backup lives.

To get what you're asking for, you'll either have to persuade the GM to let you have ELs for no CP cost, or find some way to pervert Unkillable into shape. Bruno's build seems reasonable.
Unkillable means that an entity will come back to 'life' after being completely destroyed. An infomorph will not come back to life if completely erased/destroyed. What makes things interesting indeed, is that Extra Life (Copy, Req Body) is the canonical way, even though technically very little stops me from making more copies.

Now, I'm completely okay with using the number of Duplications as a sort of a Pact with the GM on the max number of active copies I'm willing to keep.