View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 05:26 PM   #275
TGLS

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Steep slopes, extremely uneven ground, roots sticking out in front of your face.
Well no wonder Tarbreth protested marching over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
They flash their light stones around, looking for the watch. Togar suggests it may have fallen out when they were pulling Julian up. Reslin says he's not sure how far back he can follow the trails correctly. They start working their way back up the tunnels they came from... which is quite tiring.
As much as I'm enjoying them wasting time on this trip back, I don't imagine that they're going to head all the way back into town if they can't find the watch. Or at least, both of them head back to town. And well, if they don't find the watch at the hole (if we get there; Reslin doesn't seem confident), I dunno what they're going to do.

I'll wait until we meet some particularly treacherous spot of terrain (ideally more than a minute away). Then I'll say, "Hey, stop!" Then I'll make like I'm picking something off the ground but in reality just taking the watch out of my pocket. Then I'll hold up the watch, and say, "Is this what you're looking for?"

Not sure what this works out to: Filch [for dropping something]? Sleight of Hand [It is effectively a party trick]? Acting with complementary Filch/Sleight of Hand [The trick of picking up the watch is basically to help sell the con]? I'll go with Acting with Filch as complementary.

Quote:
[76] 22-10-12 01:25:41 CEST
Acting (-1 for blown filch)
3d6 <= 12
1 + 3 + 1 = 5 ... success
[75] 22-10-12 01:25:11 CEST
Complementary Filch
3d6 <= 12
6 + 5 + 3 = 14 ... failure
Well it looks like I managed to recover from a worse than expected drop.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote