View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 03:43 PM   #271
TGLS

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The watch is +0 to holdout, and then a +1 for an additional item. So it worked.
Surely -1.

Quote:
Togar hauls Julian out of the pit by the ropes around his waist and foot. After Julian is up, he throws the kid on the ground and puts his foot on him while he hauls up Reslin. If the kid struggles, the man increases the pressure on his ribs with his boot.
I gasp out in pain. "Please! Stop! They're broken!"

Quote:
After Reslin gets up, he looks at the kid. "That was <>, you know?" He hits the kid in the face. "You deserved that. And you blew your chance. You won't be able to do that again." Something in his voice seems to indicate respect.
I puff up slightly. Yeah, I'm not just some kid, I--. No; now they knows I'm not docile; now they know to keep a close eye on me. What do I care what they think about me? They're killers and they beat me up!

Quote:
down another 1 HP.
One more hit and I'll be at half move! ... OK, that's an even dumber plan.

Quote:
They continue on their journey. They stop to rest fairly often, and Julian is faced with the choice of when to drop the watch: how much time after he messes with it?
I must have a concussion or something. I could have swore I heard Reslin notice his watch was missing.

They're watching Julian more closely, not tying up his hands or anything, right?

I probably can't check the watch without getting them suspicious. I'll hum along to the music in my head for an hour or so before getting ready to drop it. I'd sing but that might be conspicuous. And I'm an awful singer. And I'm surrounded by a bunch of killjoys who are more concerned about the noise.

Quote:
[71] 22-10-07 23:26:47 CEST
Musical (Hobby)
3d6 <= 11
2 + 4 + 3 = 9 ... success
... throw away my shot! ... OK, that's approximately an hour. Now let's drop that watch. Hopefully dropping is as easy as picking them up.

Quote:
[72] 22-10-07 23:31:00 CEST
Filch
3d6 <= 12
3 + 6 + 6 = 15 ... failure
Uh oh. Luck recharges at, what, every thirty posts? Well I'm blowing too much success to not use it now anyway.

Quote:
[74] 22-10-07 23:42:26 CEST
Filch Luck Reroll #2
3d6 <= 12
3 + 5 + 2 = 10 ... success
[73] 22-10-07 23:42:12 CEST
Filch Luck Rerolls
3d6 <= 12
6 + 2 + 1 = 9 ... success
OK, best success is by three.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote