View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Scorpion Claw Attack

Normally I would say this would make more sense as a grapple followed by Constriction Attack [15]. But that's multiple actions, and not what it seems you are looking for.

Unifying the grapple attempt and claw strike to a single roll is a little trickier...

You could use the rules for Enhancing ST based damage and extend it to Binding. Find the point cost of the damage you would inflict and spend 20% more on a Link, then do the same for the effective point cost of a Bind equal to the character's ST (which will come out to ST x 0.4).

I might rather go the route of using the technique design system in MA. Aggressive Parry sets the precedent of adding a low damage attack to a parry for -1 to default. I don't think it's too far fetched to migrate that to a one handed grapple. Keeping the attack to Thr-2 without the extra '-2 or -1 per die' would be -4 to default, so total Wrestling -5. Take DWA: Wrestling to go with it to attack with both claws. then if you get one hit consider it a one handed grapple, and if you hit with both, call it a two handed grapple. I think that's pretty good (But not overly good as long as it's got some prerequisites) for [12]
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote