View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 10:13 PM   #1
Mack_JB

Default "The Thin Line" (Scenario Book 1)

So we had our Monday Ogre game today, and played 'The Thin Line' twice. Our normal process is to flip sides between games, and play each scenario twice, but this time, my opponent took 'attacker' both times as just before the second game he had a different idea for set up. In some ways it doesn't matter, because we happily point out moves or strategies either could make during the game.

Two weeks ago when we last met, we played this same scenario three times, flipping sides between the two of us.

So far, we've managed to fight each other to a draw three times, a defender partial victory once, and a complete defender victory once. We've messed with force mixture, attack and defense styles, and various other tweaks. Each time each side slowly gets better in knowing what to do.

Today we had a pretty amazing streak of dice rolling between us -- we both seemed to be getting either ones or sixes, which makes a world of difference in this scenario.

I have to say, so far, this is our favorite scenario yet. Each game has been a nail-biter right down to the last turn.

But we have an edge case question for the peanut gallery. If the defender chooses nothing but SHVY for his reinforcements, how would that work during the die roll at the start of his proper turns? The rules state on a roll of 1, no reinforcements, 2-5 you get one unit, and 6 you get two. Since a SHVY counts as two units ... do you have to roll a 6 to get the unit on the board?

[nostalgia note: for whatever reason, during the game I kept thinking of the tune "The Thin Wall" by Ultravox, 1982]

Last edited by Mack_JB; 04-23-2018 at 10:26 PM.
Mack_JB is offline   Reply With Quote