View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 09:20 AM   #3
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Discarding items with "Help me out here"

One thing I'd like to address here, while I can:

There is no "bag" defined in the rules, so there is no way to interpret exactly what you mean. If you mean to say "unused" or "unequipped," please use those terms. The reason we ask people to not use that term is that here and out in the field, I've heard four different interpretations of the terms "backpack," "sack," and "bag." Our goal is to be able to be clear and concise, so we stick to terms that are defined and used in the game.

As for your question about the use of Help Me Out Here!: Brf's response is partially correct. You must be able to use the Item you take, and if something's in the way it will have to be discarded. Normally, you can't discard an Item for only the reason that you want to do so. You have to trade it, sell it, or find a way to lose it legally, so Help Me Out Here! gives you permission to discard an Item to make room. However, where Brf is mistaken is that you don't have to discard Armor if you take Armor unless you already have Armor. So, in your example, you want to discard a Big 2 Hands Item in order to be able to take Big Armor, which is perfectly fine unless you're already wearing Armor. So, if you wanted to take the Big Armor, were already wearing Armor, and had a Big 2 Hands Item, you would not be able to take the Big Armor because you'd have to discard two of your Items, and you're only allowed to discard one.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote