View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 12:38 AM   #166
tshiggins

Default Re: Campaign: Facets

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Oh-hohohohohoho! That one had to sting!
Yeah. Sometimes Bernetta's daughters take advantage of my blanket ban on my sister exercising "mom authority" on Samantha and 'Becca, during game-time. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
Something I've been wondering about for awhile now...

How did the Giant/Trolls get into the cave in the first session? The portal bridge two worlds, in neither world are their such creatures (so far?).

Has this little mystery been solved by the PCs or did they eventually forget about it? Or did they just never really pay attention to this?
They didn't really check into it, much, but I've dropped a few hints about the possible nature of those things. As noted, back then, I drew them from American Indian mythology.

Basically, just about every culture has its version of ogres, which act as magnified reflections of particularly problematic sociopathic behaviors. In effect, myths allow those who tell them to discuss human experiences -- especially traumatic ones -- by making them into monster stories.

The wendigo is the most obvious example (humans who degenerate to cannibalism), but tsiants are the same sort of thing.

Remember, this is (basically) a variation on an "Infinite Cabal" campaign, with healthy doses of GURPS: Voodoo, as well as dribs and drabs of ideas from other sources. G: Cabal includes a healthy dose of the notion, "monsters are (frequently unpleasant) people, too," which helps make it so interesting and unique.

Moreover, the group has already seen a few examples of what lies within the veil of faerie.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote