View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 02:59 AM   #198
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: Comment my megacorporation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonsua View Post
Thats because I've only played with spaniards so far. I do not know good interfaces to run scenes in English and all my players are Spanish speakers.
I think that's the first thing you've told us about your players. We don't seem to be understanding your game and your objectives for it clearly; in particular we seem to have a different understanding of "realistic" to you. Could you tell us a bit more about your game?
  • What's the narrative structure? Is it the GM leading the players through a story that they get to add details to? Is it the GM presenting situations to the players that they get to deal with? Is it largely player-driven within a "sandbox" world managed by the GM?
  • What's the source of player satisfaction? Is it the GM's story-telling? Their own effects on the world? Their shaping of history?
  • What do you mean by "realistic"? Is it things that could appear on the news next week? Things that could happen in a movie? Things that could happen in an action movie? Things you'd just like to have happen?
  • What's the "mood"? Are the good guys sure to win in the end? How much of a struggle will there be? Will things ever look hopeless?
  • How cynical is the game? Are there clear good and bad guys, or is it shades-of-grey morality, with people acting in their own interests?
  • The campaign is clearly on a whole-world scale, but how pivotal are individuals in it? Are the pivotal individuals the PCs, the well-known NPCs, or someone else?