View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 03:50 PM   #4
VIVIT

Default Re: [Magic] Loophole in the “Tickle” spell

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedKagouti View Post
Note that spells which require concentration do not change state while you're not concentrating (even if they don't end until you fail to maintain them). You'd have to spend a turn concentrating to pause the effect and then another to resume.
I had assumed that the tickling itself was what required "constant manipulation and change"—i.e., that the subject is tickled while you concentrate and not tickled while you don't. I think this the only reasonable interpretation because otherwise you can just stop concentrating as soon as you finish casting the spell and let the effect continue. That would make Tickle a strictly better version of Agonize: cheaper to cast and maintain (5/5 vs. 8/6), unaffected by High Pain Threshold, and—unless you maintain the agony for over three minutes—more fatiguing to the victim (1d
or more FP per casting vs. 1 FP per minute).

Quote:
This will give the target 1 turn to do something every other turn, while also requiring that the mage use all their time messing with that target (and moving the single step Concentrate allows).
Seizures make you fall down, though, and 1 turn isn't enough time to stand up. I suppose a victim with spells of their own that they can cast without a ritual might be able to do something?
VIVIT is offline   Reply With Quote