View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #55
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [OCC]: Space Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
I was already thinking of a fabricator or robofac for the job... (they pass the Safe Tech test, unless you want to expand it to include them) then all we'd need is raw materials. I was considering making the robot a combination gadget for the task and taking it as Sig Gear.
Fabricators and Robofacs can only create lower-tech items, so no warp tech (including com gear), and no diamonoid materials. Computer stuff is fine though. No gadgets please. You can have it as sig gear if you want, but the feed stocks are as expensive than buying the item in many cases. (think 3-d printer technology).

Quote:
Spreading a comm net wherever we go is a fantastic primary objective. Then to hell with cargo, we can sell the access codes! (and goes nicely with my Obsession!)

If that's not feasible, we'll need to come up with a courier service or something....
Its not feasible this time around: its not known which stars are inhabited or not. Its a great concept for a second run though.

Quote:
So my job will be to buy and sell what the captain is carrying. Then I can do business for myself based on what I have in my cargo space, and then optionally, help the other PCs with their cargo sales (as I can certainly get them a better price)... that's the set up then, yes?
Yes, your first job is negotiating the information exchange, then determining which raw materials are best sold off for refueling and if now is a good time to sell portions of the main cargo.

Then you can deal what you want afterwards, whether your own or your coworkers.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote