View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 01:17 AM   #54
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: [OCC]: Space Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Comm range is about 100 light hours. The chips aren't the hard part, they involve warp-field tech. They aren't rare, but are rather expensive. They're a decent choice, but not quite "long range, despite the fact they'll cover a system quite nicely (Pluto is about 8 light hours from the sun).

(setting up a chain of them between stars is feasible but beyond his financial capability)
I was already thinking of a fabricator or robofac for the job... (they pass the Safe Tech test, unless you want to expand it to include them) then all we'd need is raw materials. I was considering making the robot a combination gadget for the task and taking it as Sig Gear. Spreading a comm net wherever we go is a fantastic primary objective. Then to hell with cargo, we can sell the access codes! (and goes nicely with my Obsession!)

If that's not feasible, we'll need to come up with a courier service or something....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
all four characters are useful crew: the pilot/navigator, the merchant, the mechanic, and the doctor/cook. You are not assumed to be returning home, and homeworld money won'y be worth much, so room on the ship to store your personal belongings is part of your pay. The captain will take care of some planet side expenses and will give bonuses in on-world money when very profitable stop is made. Yes, Gabriel will be responsible for selling much of the stuff on the ship. He doesn't HAVE to help with the others selling stuff, but he may very well choose to do so.
So my job will be to buy and sell what the captain is carrying. Then I can do business for myself based on what I have in my cargo space, and then optionally, help the other PCs with their cargo sales (as I can certainly get them a better price)... that's the set up then, yes?

Bell will be more than happy to use his "Mad Skilz" on behalf of his ship and his colleagues... and a commission would not be unappreciated!

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 06-02-2013 at 04:01 AM.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote