View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 05:25 AM   #5
Aneirin

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy party compositions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jürgen Hubert View Post
That's from Hackmaster, right? How did you work out the gnome-titan template?
If we were playing Hackmaster I would give you a point of temporal honour!

It was...difficult. We used the Hackmaster creation rules in regards to rolling for stats (we liked the let the dice fall where they may aspect of it) and if a mental disdvantage was rolled we looked for something similar in GURP's disadvantages and handwaved a lot of thing.

For instance, he also rolled the missing leg disdvantage so he had one leg with mitigator peg leg (fine quality) and technique, peg leg fighting to represent his peg leg proficiency.

Odious habit, smells of cabbage (rolled odd smell)

Compulsive gambler (he rolled compulsive gambler!)

Self obsessed (no empathy) and odious personal habit, bragging for his loud borishness.

He rolled knightmares and sound sleeper so we gave him sound sleeper and nightmares which worked out rather simply.

Being a gnome titan we gave him a racial +1 to strength and he rolled above average so gave him 13 strength (14 in D&D terms, not sure how to do a direct comparison)

His dexterity was 11 9average and so no increase) However being a gnome titan and rbed for war (in hackmaster he fights as if a level above) we gave him DX12. Average intelligence but due to a number of toughness feats on his a little above average constituation we left him with 11 HT with very fit.

SM-2 (gnomes seem smaller than drawves) which covers the penalties larger creatures have to hit him, and he also had sweep so gaver him technique, sweeping, and cricket in the pea bod (lets him get around people) we did that as technique, evasion so he can use a comitted attack for two steps to get behind someone which also covers his reduce facing talent enabling him to get around people to avoid being surrounded.

His groin stomp ability, was more difficult. Only done on prone foes I just made a modified elbow drop, refluffing it as jumping on someones crotch and let him buy the technique up for that. Usually leads to a major wound and stunning.

Due to gnome titans learing all non combat skills slower I gave him slow learner (no combat skills). Wasn't sure how to do it exactly (and can't rightly remember what disadvantage I used, he doesn't use non combat skills so it hasn't come up!)

I didn't do that half XP thing, however, I did have him have to take less HP (only 10 despite his strength) as gnomes in hackmaster have less hits.

Gave him some combat skills. Night vision 3 for his infravision (probably should have given him something else for that), and some skill in stealth to represent those feats.

An expert skill (mining travel) for detecting slopes, unsafe walls and absolute direction (and depth) with accesibility underground and unreliable so he can sense direction underground sometimes. And danger sense accesibility, ambushes only to respresent his detect ambush zones skill.

What was difficult, was the knights errant apology skill. When he does something wrong or against his alignment or something that will make people want to kill him, he can apologize and if they fail their apology saving throw they have to accept it! (and if they do badly, they look like the bad guy)

At the moment I have just been having him roleplaying it and if he apologizes, others make a save will at -3 (it is at -4 in Hackmaster), wasn't sure how to price it and jsut made a new advantage, apology, and prced it at 25 points.

He also truend out quite charimsartic despite his habits and so gave him a few levels of charisma! And he also got some temporary reputation bonuses (necked a tankard of rot gut without falling unconscious or passing out)

Oh, and ofcourse, combat reflexes.

As for honour...that is something I did quite like in hackmaster, and have just outright used the honour rules from hackmaster for GURPs. (great honour giving a flat +1 and not +1 per die)

Last edited by Aneirin; 10-29-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Aneirin is offline   Reply With Quote