View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 10:05 PM   #6
gibberingmouther

Default Re: Dragon Ball Inspired "Ki" Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Yeah, you can buy that with Costs FP on abilities or even a Weakness that does FP damage rather than HP damage.

Yeah GURPS is ideal for the tinkering type GMs or players.
That turns off a lot who want a grab and go system but hopefully things like the DFRPG will aleaive that perception problem.
I could easily do Dragonball but depending on the power level your talking a LOT of points.
in Dragon Ball Xenoverse, super saiyan was implemented as having a drain on your ki energy points, and when they ran out the transformation ended. that was for game design purposes though and doesn't quite match up with my idea of how to GURPSify DB. if your Ki points run out, you are flat out out of energy and can only do mundane things. like Gohan after helping Goku to go SS God in DB Super. but if you are basing off of DB at higher levels of power fighters have so many ki points it would be hard to run out of them. and saiyans and sometimes others are able to plumb the depths of themselves to find more energy (Goku does this a lot).

i was looking at X Men powers and there are some that are similar to what's in the DB series.

DB Xenoverse is a good place to look for stealing ideas to get this GURPSified DB-inspired superhero campaign setting up an running. i don't like stealing ideas though and prefer to do things from the bottom up and relying on inspiration from my subconscious (or muse, whatever you want to call it) or dreams.
gibberingmouther is offline   Reply With Quote