View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 08:19 AM   #13
industrialchild

Default Re: Awful Green Thngs

Here's a method I use when I want to play a multi-player game of Awful Green Things from Outer Space!

The most experienced player will act as the "referee". This one player will control the Awful Green Things!

Divide the crew members of the Znutar as evenly as possible between the remaining players! Have each player write down the name of their crew members on a scrap piece of paper and have each player give each of their crew members 1 skill from the following list of three:

LUCKY: When this crew member pulls a weapons chit and the first pull is not to their liking, they may replace this chit in the pile/cup, mix them and draw another. They have to live with the 2nd pull whatever it may be... :D

SCRAPPY: This crew member ALWAYS rolls 1 extra die to hit and die fragments...

DEFENSIVE: The Awful Green Things ALWAYS roll 1 less die to hit against this crew member!

The choice of which skill to give to each crew member is theirs alone! However, a player may not choose to give all of their crew members on their list the same skill. At least two of their crew members must be "unique"! When a crew member dies, the player crosses them off their list.

Set up the game as normal. Gameplay will proceed clockwise around the table! On each crew player turn they will control crew members from the top of their list one at a time working their way down! The Green Things player will definitely have a tougher time taking over the Znutar for sure. However, even with these additions, a great game and hilarity will still ensue!!!

I've even used these additions in a 2 player game and it's quite fun! If you want to use these additions in a two player game, the crew player will have to divide the three skills as evenly as possible between their crew members!

Last edited by industrialchild; 02-24-2019 at 08:49 AM.
industrialchild is offline   Reply With Quote