View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 02:05 PM   #6
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Hall of Judgement - Sample Character Lisbet's Wrestling Abilities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmervine4 View Post
It does seem odd to me that Hall of Judgement would utilize an advantage only published in a Pyramid article without referencing that article or reproducing the relevant text (but maybe I missed it).
I can only reproduce what I have license to reproduce, and Pyramid isn't part of my license. The character can be *played* just fine, using the stats on the page, so we went with it as-is because it supported the "wooo! grappling with Fantastic Dungeon Grappling is fun!" message and because the Dungeon Fantasy RPG is really good for just "grab that sheet and play it."

Quote:
It is awful fun. I actually ran Lisbet as an NPC in my last game when one of my players wanted to challenge the best fighter in town, and I happened to have her stat block handy. Little did I realize how much she would own him. I felt kind of bad because he really didn't have a chance, but he was also being super cocky so I didn't feel too bad. :P

Thank you Mr. Cole for making such a fantastic supplement!
I wound up doing something similar in a Dragon Heresy/D&D5e game where the players rolled into town and challenged the reigning champ to a grappling match, and the 1st-level PCs found out what happens when you go up against a 5th level PC with two attacks.

I'm glad you like it - I should be coming to Kickstarter in a few weeks (1-2) with another supplement set in that setting. I actually posted a layout trial for it on my blog yesterday.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote