View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 04:56 PM   #331
Otaku

Default Re: [SUPERS] My Unofficial Handbook to the DC Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 216ann View Post
Say, I was wondering if any one knew of a DC Universe handbook for GURPs 4e like aesir23 had in mind that is similar to the Marvel one.
Also, I am interested in all sources of stats for any characters like TV series or Movies or comics, etc whether netbook or otherwise.
Doesn't have to be supers or sci fi.
Please PM me if to send links. Thanks.
Isn't that what this thread is? Neither is official, of course. If you're looking for an official product, I'm afraid you're out of luck. There are multiple GURPS supplements to help do it yourself, and that is what the people making these threads have used, but they don't have the license to DC Superheroes so they cannot officially stat out Bronze Age Superman (or whomever). GURPS (Third Edition) did get the rights Wild Cards, for the record...

Anyway, if you are interested in running a GURPS campaign featuring superheroes (or superhero-ish characters), GURPS Powers and GURPS Supers are highly recommended. GURPS Powers is, in my opinion, feels like a missing piece of the Basic Set. It actually handles a variety of Powers, which is good if you're a fan of "kitchen sink" style settings like Marvel or DC's superhero multiverses. Supers gives you the framework for building superhero archetypes; it will be up to you, though, to crunch the numbers and flesh them out into Superman, Batman, etc. Be aware it is pretty difficult because even when you can settle on a single iteration of a character, writers tend to have Batman/Superman/etc. do whatever the story calls for, rather than thinking "Oh, right. There is no way he can actually lift that much. I'd better make it lighter or approach the problem from another angle."
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote