Thread: Heretical RPM
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 12:02 PM   #3
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Heretical RPM

RPM is already quite powerful, and pushing broken. But I don't think your changes affect that much.

FP at a 1 to 1 ratio isn't bad at all. very little breaks. Speeding up RPM really doesn't break it that much, and you're only adding 6 or so to your maximum energy, which isn't that much.

1 second per attempt makes RPM users more dangerous in combat, but they weren't that dangerous to begin with (at least not without conditionals, which you have removed). It also doesn't really allow instant spells. they have to gather for at least one second, then cast. It makes fights a lot flashier, but I'm not sure it makes them strong.

The debuff of conditionals has some edge effects with traps and alarms, but I don't think its too bad. Its a strong debuff, but its not a bad one.

Allowing to pull from any number of energy sources is a bit odd. I'd personally add the caveat that they must all be the same type of energy source, or only allowing personal reserves to be tapped for free.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote