View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 03:49 PM   #75
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Common Magic for a TL3 Wuxia Fantasy Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Easy.
A simple way is to say the roads grant a bonus to certain Chi skills, say +5 so they can be used at normal skill with no FP cost.
Examples: Light Walk is based on Walk on Air (Chi Sorcery article in Pyramid) so using it could allow better loaded weight and travel modifiers because the road is effectively smoother. I did this with the Uigya people.
Another I haven't written up yet but on my list is Enhanced Move (Ground) for say a Courier/Express Style that rather than built for fighting is a style built for a pony express type group.
Both applications limit faster or better travel to certain elites, but players could learn them and they could be common enough that most nobles or powerful martial artists have one or the other yet the common folk dont.
That's not bad, but not everyone is going to have access to Light Walk. My thought is that it's something that everyone could benefit from. Perhaps it's a minor magic most have. Or perhaps it's some kind of perk to be able to use the magic inherent in the roads.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote