View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #14
Captain Joy

Default Re: Recovering from Fatigue Caused by Missed Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
A quick nap when you have stayed up for days might give you a short burst of clarity but wont last long. Its more like a drug effect or something then the value of enough rest.
Let's say I've lost 5 FP due to missed sleep, but can only afford to take a 3 hour nap at the moment. According to RAW, which is correct?
  1. I wake up with 6 hours in my "stay awake bank", but still down 5 FP for missed sleep.
  2. I wake up just as tired as before my nap and still down 5 FP for missed sleep. I.e. I gained no benefit because it wasn't 8 uninterrupted hours.
I'm thinking it's #1. I'm was wondering if maybe recovering the FP before you start adding to your "stay awake bank" is more realistic. Based on what you've said, I'm thinking it's more realistic to add to your "stay awake bank" first. You feel okay for a while, but then when you're "stay awake bank" runs out, you suddenly feel the full effects of all that sleep deprived FP loss.

(I don't have Last Gasp, but I'm thinking I should add it to my wishlist.)

Last edited by Captain Joy; 07-04-2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: significant addition
Captain Joy is offline   Reply With Quote