View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 08:47 AM   #6
Bruno

Default Re: TextPad .gdf syntax definition file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lurker
Off topic but: why don't you switch providers? If you pay separately for your webspace (as opposed to just paying your internet connection and getting some webspace as bonus) there should definitely not be any ad's (except the ones you place there) on it.
My choices for maximum bandwidth on a moderate budget are limited.
The phone lines around here are copper, or aluminum, or something barbaric like that, so I can't get ADSL at all.
There are too many high-rises for wireless, and anyway satellite and radio internet are usually sort of like moderately-ok dialup, with the quirk of getting weird reception when it's snowing out.
I could pay someone to run a T1 connection to my house, but that would cost the earth and then some, and only give me performance comparable to my current contract with my cable supplier... who, other than the Geocities weirdness, are sex on toast.

They treat their World of Warcraft players like the fanatical meal-ticket we are, and work like crazy to make sure our route to Blizzard is as short as they can manage it. If one of the routers outside their network starts shipping us across the Atlantic and back or something, they declare a network emergency and scream at the responsible provider for us. It's really kind of awesome.

So yeah. I could go elsewhere, but then my World of Warcraft performance would go down and be more erratic... and I'm one of those crazy hardcore raiders, so that's like asking me to amputate my leg.

I'm trapped by my addictions.

Last edited by Bruno; 03-23-2007 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Feocities = Geocities
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote