View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 09:19 AM   #13
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Preferred format for published adventures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadekeep View Post
It sounds like individual adventures are the most practical in a gaming setting, whereas the bound book is best for collecting and displaying the adventures (and probably the most cost effective).
Cost effective for the consumer.

Costs go up pretty much page-by-page for pre-production (cost-per-page to make the book goes up by word count and graphics content) and production (printing by page or signature, shipping by the pound or kg) for physical goods. The price folks are willing to pay for bigger goods does not go up linearly.

My preference is for adventures to be done separately unless they're related to each other. For example, by the time "More Perilous Journeys" is done, there will be five adventures in the set involving Jok C. Sevantes and the Indhyna League. These 80 pages would make an outstanding "adventure path" type offering because they're all related. If folks like a few of them, they may want a collector's edition of all of them.

(Hmm. . . )

For a hodge-podge, I can easily see folks saying "why make me buy all of them?" I can see this because I've heard it in other contexts.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote