View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 11:33 AM   #28
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DIY Nuclear Reactors After the End

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlangsdorf View Post
In the context of an AtE game, a community built around a research nuclear reactor would have reason to aggressively scavenge spent fuel rods and nuclear fuel refinement equipment. It would be an excellent backstory for a well-funded PC team: you've got a vehicle and access to the wealth of the community, but they need you to drive across the Wasteland, find old nuclear waste sites, and recover the hottest and nastiest fuel rods you can find. On the way out to a site, you're loaded with trade goods and a magnet for bandits and raiders; on the way back, you've got a cargo of hot radioactives and might need to stop somewhere to scrounge fuel or maintenance parts for your vehicle.

Ok, that's the most sensible adventuring context for AtE I've ever come across. Society hasn't completely collapsed, the players have a firm goal that makes them encounter new places, it actually makes sense for bandits to attack them, and they're actively seeking out nuclear hot spots.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote