View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
Langy

Default Re: Spaceships 6: We Will Rock You

I'm kind of disappointed in this one, even though it was the one I was most looking forward to. For one thing, it's only half the size of the other entries in the Spaceships series.

It's also completely missing any mention of how to go from mining raw asteroids -> building actual ships, something I was really hoping for. Fabricators require some amount of parts, but nothing's ever mentioned on how to go about getting those parts made. I suppose you could go Raw Materials->Parts->Finished Ship, but then you're hung up on how much the raw materials are worth and if they're the right type.

I'll probably just say to assume you need twice as much raw ore as your ship's loaded mass and that it takes 2/5 as many days to fabricate parts as it would take to build your ship to turn that raw ore into the parts your fabricator needs, basically assuming the parts are all SM+2 or more.

Also: There appears to be an error in the PDF. On page 5, production times for spaceships are said to be able to be sped up in two different places, but they give different costs to reduce the time by the same amount. The first paragraph says paying twice as much reduces time to 2/3, while the second paragraph says paying three times as much reduces time to 2/3.
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote