View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 06:20 PM   #17
jason taylor

Default Re: Weird War 2 - The Pacific Theatre

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
Regarding "weird war 2" stuff, I notice that most of the creative effort seems centred on the European Theatre. Granted the Nazis were well known for their experimental technology and wacky occultism, but has anyone knocked out any equivalent material for Japan? Hi-tech stuff is probably a non-starter for them - Japan seems to have ended the war behind the curve on everything - but some kind of occult jobbery might be in scope.

I recall something from the Laundryverse about BLUE HADES assisting the Japanese defence of certain islands, and I suppose there are always those memetic katanas and functioning sennibari ...
Speaking of that why not do something with the Arrow Cross(effectively Hungarian Nazis)? Of course then too despite their having some of the same weirdness, perhaps you kind of run into the same,"Dude not funny" sort of thing that you do with Nazis. Arrow Cross were as enthusiastic about slaughtering Jews as Nazis(really there is no obvious reason why it does not exist for some of the things Japanese did other then historical coincidence). In fact that may be an appeal of CBI; the Nazi occultism was associated with Nazis whereas over there you can just get it with the general mystery of the place.

Then too Laslo Almasy(a famous explorer and adviser in desert special ops to Rommel) had a family with a tradition of occultism and some weird things going on at his castle(yes his family owned a real castle). You can always say "Almasy was a vampire" if you don't scruple at dumping on an individual who just happened to be fighting the side his country put him on and did nothing dreadful personally. On the other hand he was an Egyptologist. Maybe he woke up a mummy that was annoyed at all those loud armies firing artillery off when he was trying to sleep?

Last edited by jason taylor; 08-17-2017 at 06:26 PM.
jason taylor is offline   Reply With Quote