View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 09:05 AM   #49
Varyon

Default Re: [DF] Turning bodies to loot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
That isn't the question. What skill do you use to preserve a fur? And often, this isn't happening during downtime, but before you get back to town, as the fur will spoil?

(Cracks open LTC3). Professional Skill (Tanner) is the answer to my question. It has a Leatherworking default, but few characters will have either skill. Guess the party scout is going to be disappointed.
Does the party have access to magic? evileeyore's post (#17 in this thread) makes note of some Food College spells that should handle this for the party. You might also be able to have magic items with similar effects - for DnD I once created a Bag of Preservation (using Gentle Repose, as there was no Preserve Food type spell) that would have worked well here (in the game I GM'd I used it as an excuse to give the characters some perishable goods that would help them in the desert, as I hadn't read the supplement for desert travel and hazards until they were already in the desert; in the game I played I wanted my Ranger to have fresh fruit to supplement all the game he was catching for the party).