View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 03:12 PM   #24
Mr_Sandman

Default Re: Just Roll 3d6 - GURPS Content Posts

I suppose my perspective comes from never really being into pre-made settings. Aside from the World of Darkness (which I ran in GURPS), Alpha Complex of Paranoia (where the setting is very much the point of the game), and maybe the world as presented James Bond 007 (if that counts as a 'setting'), I never much used published settings. So my opinion on what makes an 'extensive' setting may be a bit off from the mainstream

Besides Banestorm, there are a few settings supported with multiple books in GURPS 4e (Infinite Worlds, Traveller, Transhuman Space, and Prime Directive - I just realized they are all science fiction). Those certainly seem 'extensive' to me. The one-book settings in 4e (Vorkosigan and Madness Dossier, for example) look playable 'out of the box'.

What GURPS lacks is adventure modules or published campaigns that are connected to a published setting or each other. I'm not sure there are all that many games that offer those, aside from D&D or Pathfinder.

If you are going to discuss settings that can be adapted to GURPS, I'd certainly add that the many setting books and series that are available for 3e can be converted to 4e with very little work.
Mr_Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote