Thread: Gencon 2017
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 10:34 AM   #16
jimmylogan

Default Re: Gencon 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by taamvan View Post
hey guys, just got back from gencon myself, won the Axis and Allies Global42 tourney took all 4 days to do it however!
WOW! Congrats, both on the win and for the "win" of getting to be at Gencon. :-)

Quote:
Friend bought the white box and got me remembering. Wanted to focus on some RPG driven Car Wars with more than just combat.
My buddy Chris and I had a campaign years ago. It was fun! Of course with just the two of us we also did a lot of Top Secret, Traveller, you name it! We entertained each other for hours. :-)

Quote:
Suppose that there could be some general interest in playing a multi-hour game--how many players do you see at these tables? Are they located in the main hall with all the boardgaming or do you get stuck up in one of the smaller rooms?
Well, what I am looking at is not being in the main hall at all, but after hours pick up games in one of the myriad of places that people meet up to play. I have tentative plans from four people, including myself, but as time draws near I can easily see having six or eight people around a map!
jimmylogan is offline   Reply With Quote