Thread: Gencon 2017
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 10:14 PM   #10
Parody

Default Re: Gencon 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylogan View Post
Phil said they plan to have 6e there, which prompted me to ask about Classic 'support' from SJG. If 6e is out and ready then I assume that will be the push and Classic will be left in the dust, much like 2.5 was ignored for a long time and then suddenly Classic is out and that's the attention (Arenas, etc.).
Oh. Well, using that definition, I would say that there's never been SJG support for the reprint of Classic at Gen Con, just like there's been no support for earlier editions since 2001 at Gen Con and since 2002 in general.

I don't count having a few copies for sale at the booth, given your definition. You can almost always find copies of Car Wars materials for sale around Gen Con; I would recommend the Auction Store. There just wasn't a push associated with it as far as I could tell.

Quote:
Does that help to clarify? Or are you still under the impression I'm asking for support for MADHAT events?
I didn't think you would be asking for the type of support I described, which is why I was confused.

Quote:
Ah - but there is the difference between you and me! I don't play the game AT ALL anymore. ...
That sounds like the problem you should fix, but not just at Gen Con. :)

Last edited by Parody; 08-09-2016 at 10:24 PM.
Parody is offline   Reply With Quote