Thread: Gencon 2017
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 09:11 AM   #7
jimmylogan

Default Re: Gencon 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
What kind of support would you want? SJG hasn't done anything with Car Wars at Gen Con since 2001. (The CW5 World Championship in 2002 was at Origins, which is the last SJG-supported Car Wars event IIRC.)
I'm not necessarily looking for official support for MADHAT events, was just asking the question in a general sense.

Quote:
Don't let that stop you, though; anyone can run events at Gen Con using any system they'd like.
Yes - pick up games that were 'scheduled' via Twitter were the thing two years ago. That's basically what I had in mind.

Quote:
SPARK has been running Car Wars off and on since Gen Con moved to Indy in 2003. We didn't run one this year, but others did. (A quick search shows four CW events in the system.)

The question is whether you want to guarantee yourself space by putting your event in the book and letting anyone sign up to play.
That's the part that I'm not real thrilled about... I would love to have something 'in the book,' so to speak, and I'm happy with ANYONE that wants to play getting to play, but I'm MORE aiming toward a good time playing some live Car Wars with people that I don't get to see across the physical table from me. :-)
jimmylogan is offline   Reply With Quote